QC UK Meet up?

5 replies
Spamz_27 Mod
Votes:
+9
QC UK Meet up?

So I would really like to go to a meet up but unfortunately money exists. I'd love for a UK meet up to happen (preferably in 2019) and beau has suggested that I would be the one to organise it. Unfortunately, I'm a sh*t planner and even if I was any good at these sort of things, finding time to do it would be a struggle. (above all else I'm just not that confidant).

I guess this post is just to ask: who would be interested, when they could attend (like time of year, nothing specific) and is there anyone out there who's both able and wants to organise it?

Again, I'd Love it to happen.
Posted Dec 4, 17 · OP
List
Undo
CaseyZoso Mod
Votes:
+10
Unfortunately, I do not have the personal budget to fly to the UK, but if I could attend, I would probably want to meetup sometime in July (just because no school for me). Also, I can help organize a UK meetup as requested! ^-^ However, I'd like to wait until people start suggesting what time of year they are available since many venues and events can vary in price and accessibility depending on the time of year (and also plane ticket prices). Regardless, I'd still love to help out! :d
Posted Dec 5, 17
List
Undo
Avesta Mod
Votes:
+367
We had a meetup in London a couple years ago, i think.

I would love to, it's great for people in the UK to have another one.
Not sure if it'll be in London though - if we do.

However, we can still have unofficial meetup, many people have done so.
LGBTQUserbar_zpsmnywpb5c.pngHomoflexibleUserbar_zpsysu6rzm1.pngTwink_zpslszvthwm.png
Glazed Terracotta sounds like a cheese
Posted Dec 5, 17
List
Undo
Spamz_27 Mod
Votes:
+9
I'd definitely be looking for either summer holidays or spring break (Easter holidays). I'm totally fine with it being an unofficial one- I just want one xD. I have a feeling Easter would be cheaper and would clash less with family holidays.

And yeah, I'm not really looking for it to be 2018. 2019 would be much better for me. But then, again, if its super unofficial, why not do two?
Posted Dec 5, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Avesta Mod
Votes:
+367
Same, 2019.

We can have as many unofficial ones as we want, i'm sure.
LGBTQUserbar_zpsmnywpb5c.pngHomoflexibleUserbar_zpsysu6rzm1.pngTwink_zpslszvthwm.png
Glazed Terracotta sounds like a cheese
Posted Dec 6, 17
Spamz_27 Mod
Votes:
+9
Ok, so we still need details on where an unofficial one may take place (where it will be most convenient and entertaining) as well as how many people are actually interested in meeting people outside...

I guess we need a bit more publicity. that may come a little later.

I will also definitely be attending pride this year so may be a meet up there?

idk, just throwing it out there.
Posted Sun at 03:13 pm · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
883 Posts
Beaupedia Admin
526 Posts
Avesta Mod
310 Posts
249 Posts
227 Posts